Monday, December 28, 2009

The Beginning of Something in 2010

Once again, another year has gone by WAY too fast for me. I remember at the beginning of 2009, after commenting on how fast 2008 went, I promised I would take more personal time to feel like this next year had some meaning and didnt turn into a big blur. The personal time part was somewhat of a success, but the part about NOT having it be a big blur, didnt turn out so well.
Alot of things happened this year, important things, but sadly 2009 still went by way too fast. And the detail of everything that happened seems to be faint in my memory. Maybe thats how it is for everyone, I'm really not sure. But I feel like its just me. The feeling of always being rushed, seems to take away from remembering all the detail on my own.
Back when I was planning the wedding, there came a point where there was so much frustration. Work, finances, soccer, wedding.. this and that, there was too much emotion for my non-expressive personality to handle. I found one of Davis's notebooks from school and just started writing. As I mentioned above, I lack in expressing all of my emotions. Certain ones I do, others I dont. (I am getting better though!) Until there is a pen and paper in front of me and SHWOOSH... all of Cassy's emotions run free! It might make sense, it might not. It might be thrown way out of proportion, and I dont realize it later until after I read it, but at least I recognize that I MIGHT be wrong about something. So, ever since then, I have found times to write in this little journal. Whether to just write about my day or to express some emotions, I have found this little notebook to be quite handy. Do I write in it everyday? No. However, this last month I have written in it more than normal.
I am a spontaneous person, whatever happens, happens is my personality. But I also like to have some plans as well. So, I have started setting some goals for 2010 and have documented how I am doing with these goals in my little note book. It has been great! and because It has made me take some time to think and write about each day, it puts that detail that I feel like I have been missing into my day.
So, Cassy's Achievements for 2009, there arent alot, but like my grandma would say, its better than nothing!

1. Vacationed more than twice this last summer that had nothing to do with soccer!!

2. Finances - they aren't any worse than they were in the previous year, so thats always a plus!

3. Ran Ragnar - successfully ran each of my Legs within an 8 minute mile or less. Training for this race was basically non-existant, but I still ran it in great time. The post-race pains were a wake up call to NEVER not train again!

4. School - I somehow completed my Math class. Not sure how it happened, but it did.

5. Work - Sucessfully completed my goals at work, while doing other company business and planning a wedding.
6. Time with my Nieces. I feel like I have grown close to my girls alot more this year than before. Its a big accomplishment for me.

Yup! Only 6 things that I can think of. However, if I would have made a goal list at the beginning of last year, maybe I would have some better accomplishments. Note to everyone: getting married isn't an accomplishment in my mind. It wasn't a GOAL of mine to be married by this year, nor was a GOAL to ever be married. Therefore, its not an accomplishment. However, I do consider myself lucky that things happened the way they did. Others might disagree, saying that its an accomplishment for Cassy Hitt to finally be committed to someone, {he he he very funny!} but this is my list, and I will list them as I want.
Anyway, now looking back on what I accomplished in 2009, I would like to make a list of goals that I hope to achieve this next year in 2010.

1. Keeping a journal and writing in it weekly. I have a feeling this will add some focus to my blurr. Whether its about what happened that week, my goals, an emotional rampage... I will write down my thoughts and experiences.
2. Try to lower each of my credit cards by $500. Yikes! This one is a biggie! But it can be done with a little E-F-F-O-R-T. and sacrifice!
3. Gain an excercise Routine. Whether its Running or lifting, I will do one or the other at least 3 times a week. I have a workout Log at my desk, which will help motivate and calculate how much I have done in a day, week and month. My goal is not to lose weight, even though I hope it happens. But more importantly, to have excercise included in my life style. This last year, my routine grew weaker and weaker, which can change ones whole attitude and personality.
3 1/2 - Run a 1/2 marathon or Three 10k's this year. Knowing that I ran Ragnar last year, I know I have the mentality to do these this year.
4. School - Attend Spring and Fall semester with two or more classes. And Maybe find a way to go to school full-time. (and possbily keep my house while doing so)
5. Plan a vacation for Davis and I, and actually go.
6. Home Improvements - Both bedrooms to be repainted, Kitchen cabinets repainted and install new counter tops, put in new sod in the backyard along with flowers and bushes.
7. Learn to snowboard and/or ski and go at least twice this winter.
8. Hair!!!! I have been challenged to not cut my hair. But with this length, its not that simple to just NOT cut it. However, I am accepting the challenge with some rules. Rules are: Hair can be trimmed every two or 3 months by a professional. or I can trim it whenever I want, but not cut it off. I just got it cut in December. I cant trim it until March. I will deal with the mullet and ugliness for a year. :)
9. DIY - I am going to get back to my artsy/crafty side. I used to make my own gifts, make my own house decor. Now a days its easier to buy. But, I am going to put my money towards creating things myself and learning to do so. DIY!! I completed alot of DIY projects for my wedding and loved them!

Okay, That covers most of them. And obviously I will add and change the goals as the year goes on. But mainly I want to see which ones I complete. These goals will be listed in my journal as a reminder, and hopefully this next year wont seem as blurry. But if it does, I can always go back and read about the details of the year to add a little clarity.